Monday, March 31, 2008

A Twisted TLC

I didn't twist it - the hostess did.

Our technique today was Paper Tole - which is generally done with flowers and making them 3 dimensional. Our assignment was to do the Paper Tole, but no flowers. Add dimension to other stamps.

I immediately thought of the animals from MFT - especially the lion. The lion was stamped on white cardstock 3 times. I colored the pieces I wanted from each image with Prismacolor pencils and cut them out. The mane and face are attached with dimensionals.

I tore pieces of Certainly Celery cardstock to create grass so the lion wasn't floating in space. I chose Blue Bayou and Soft Sky because they worked well with the Certainly Celery and the colors of the lion popped against the Blue Bayou.

I used my Coluzzle to cut the ovals and ticket corner punch on the edges.

I smeared the Stickles in the top corners. There is also Stickles on some of the flower centers in the DP.

I'm honestly impressed with my bow. I can't tie bows worth beans. It's actually tied free of the paper - I glued it on, so I had more play with it while making it.
Stamps: MFT - It's a Jungle Out There. Paper: Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou (cs and dp), white. Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black. Accessories: Stickles, Coluzzle, Prismacolor Pencils, ticket corner punch, dimensionals.

It's a stormy day here today - thundering, pouring rain and all. Not very fun, kinda gloomy. Here's hoping for sun shining on the rest of you!

No comments: