Saturday, March 29, 2008

Life's marching on

I'm so grateful for the weekends. Time relax and take life a little slower than the rest of the week.

And it's a great time to look for wedding presents for one of my college roommates. I really hope she and her husband like what I found and ordered today.

I've mentioned that I have an addiction to ink pads when they're on sale, right? Guess who picked up a new black ink pad? Yep. Me. Not that I didn't have 3 already - SU Basic Black (hate the thing - can't seem to get rid of it), Stazon Jet Black (dried up - threw it away when I got home), Versafine Black Onyx (doesn't dry well on SU's vanilla and white cardstocks). So added into the collection is: Brilliance Graphite Black. We'll see how this turns out.

Today I took the time to do Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I changed it up a little - mostly because I sketched it from what I thought I had seen. The card's 5.25" square.
Stamps: MFT - It's a Jungle out There, Stamping Bella - sentiment. Paper: Rose Red, Old Olive, Taken with Teal, Bali Breeze, white. Ink: Rose Red, Brilliance Graphite Black. Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, ribbon, big eyelets, dimensionals.

When I was a Walmart earlier this week, I picked up 2 black picture frames for $3 each. It wasn't a bad price and I wanted to see what I could do with them, altering-wise. So dug out my Foil, Glitter, Flock kit from We R Memory Keepers that I found at my LSS awhile ago and started playing.

This kit's really interesting because it's rub-ons in a 2 part system. You rub on the pattern you want first - it's sticky on both sides. Then you take a foil, flocking or glitter sheet (you get 3 of each in various colors) and rub that onto the pattern that you put down. For this project, I chose to use the glitter sheets - pink and green. The harder you rub on the sheets, the more glitter sticks to the adhesive. I like how they turned out.

Supplies: Black $3 photo frames from Walmart, We R MemoryKeepers Foil, Glitter, Flock kit.

Oh, just remembered to add this about a previous project: If you're making an acrylic post-it holder with a photo frame, use the Super Sticky Post-it notes. They hold SO much better.


Hope the weekend's nice and relaxing for everyone,