Friday, March 7, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge

I generally don't do much stamping on Fridays - I think it's from the 2 months I did the Visualize Verses challenge. I'd stamp Thursday night so I'd be ready to post Friday morning - which took up enough time that I didn't really want to stamp.

But I looked at Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge today - and I liked the layout. I like the idea of color blocking a background. Oh, and I'm stuck on a monochromatic kick since yesterday's My Favorite Guest Designer challenge.

I got the background - Flourishes LLC's Damask stamp - in the mail yesterday. I was a little confused when I got it because I think it's my prize for winning the Cake Decorating Contest on SCS, but it's not the stamp set I asked for. Anyway, it's pretty and I had to get inventive to use it because I don't have acrylic blocks the size of this stamp - it's 4.25"x5.5" I flipped a SU background stamp upside down and used the block.

The primas were originally all white. Shelly - papermoon04 on SCS - taught me how to dye primas a while ago when I was new on SCS. I put about 10 drops of Soft Sky reinker into a container and sprayed some water in to thin the ink out. I dropped a prima in, let it soak up the ink, and moved it out of the way, pulling some of the excess ink out of the prima by setting a dry prima on top of it and letting the dry prima absorb. I dried them with my heat tool and decided to arrange 2 of them with white primas on my card.

The sentiment is also Flourishes LLC - from Flourished Words.

Stamps: Flourishes LLC - Flourished Words, Damask. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Georgia Pacific white. Ink: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky. Accessories: primas, brads, dimensionals, stardust gel pen.

2 comments:

jjcreations said...

Wow, you did a wonderful job on this challenge. I was not happy with what I came up with at all. I love the simplicity of yours...it makes it so elegant! Joan

Carolyn King said...

ohhh...that is beautiful! Love all the colors and the bg squares---!

Hope life slows down a bit for you so you get more stamping time! (I am in the same boat--busy busy!)

Hugs-Cammie