Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Color Challenge!

Armed with a can of Febreeze Air Effects, I braved the Dungeon and sprayed the air EVERY time I got a whiff of Eau de Pepe.

The can's still down there for future problems.

I did the color challenge! The colors for today's card were Wild Wasabi, So Saffron and Purely Pomegranate. Not a bad color combo.

I also tried a technique that I've been interested in for a while - Faux Silk. Beate has an amazing tutorial on SCS under Resources and Techniques. It's actually really easy to do. Stamp on tissue paper, color if you need to, crumple it up and glue it onto a piece of neutral cardstock, trimming the edges. I had a bit of trouble with Mod Podge - it dried too quickly initially and then when I reapplied in places, I glopped it on and made the ink bleed. Oh well.

Stamps: SU - One of a Kind. Paper: Wild Wasabi (cs and dp), So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate, Very Vanilla, tissue paper. Ink: So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate. Accessories: Mod Podge, ticket corner punch, brads, ribbon.

Work's been kinda crazy lately. People resigning, new people probably coming in, etc. I'm ready for the week to be over, and Tuesday is just ending.

No comments: