Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tutorial: Paperclip Bookmark

I had a blast making one of these paperclip bookmarks this morning, so I decided I wanted to make another and turn it into a tutorial.

Supplies I used: Brilliance Moonlight White ink, Versafine Black Onyx ink, 2 - 1" chipboard circles, 1" circle punch, SU scallop circle punch, Marvy extra jumbo scallop circle punch, E6000 adhesive, giant paperclip, Martha Stewart Glittering Glue, scissors, My Favorite Things Punny Farm stamp set, Blue Bayou cardstock and prints designer paper, Soft Sky cardstock and prints designer paper, Soft Sky double stitched ribbon, Georgia-Pacific white cardstock.
I coated the edges of my chipboard circles in Brilliance Moonlight White ink so the grey didn't show. I think it looks better this way.

I punched out all the paper I'd need. I decided that the 2 sides would be opposites - one side with 2 pieces of Blue Bayou and the other with 2 pieces of Soft Sky.

I stamped my little mouse from MFT's Punny Farm on the circles of designer paper and then stamped them on the white paper. Not shown: I colored them in with a grey Prismacolor pencil and cut out the body of the mouse, then glued it into place on the designer paper.

I assembled the sides using Martha Stewart Glittering Glue.
A side fully assembled.
Turn one side upside down, dab on some E6000 glue and place the paperclip on top of that, making sure to smush it into the glue firmly.

Place the other side on top to make a paperclip and glue sandwich.
Let it dry and tie a piece of ribbon on it - if you want.

6 comments:

KOstvig said...

well I am trying again got and error message last time...

I lov ethe little mouse with this paper clips just perfect and the tutorial is great ...nice job

Stacy said...

This is awesome...thanks so much for sharing the tutorial. I am going to see about doing this, this weekend. TFS!!

jjcreations said...

Awesome ideas. Thanks for showing the steps. I'll being doing this soon. Joan

Anonymous said...

I regret, but nothing can be made. acheter levitra sur le net I congratulate, what words..., a remarkable idea

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.