Thursday, January 17, 2008

STVV and *gasp* a MAILBOX!

I am such a procrastinator. I have a whole week to decide what I want as the poem/song for the Visualize Verses challenge, but I do the deciding Thursday afternoon/evening.

So I was thinking about all the songs or poems I could do and coming up with a blank or "I can't use that." And my iTunes library wasn't helping me - which is a shock in and of itself. I have almost 1300 songs in it - over 3 days of music - with only a few songs repeating (I have a few repeats.) Everything from classical music and choir pieces to Seether, Evanescence, and Abba. No inspiration.

Out of the blue - like most weeks - a song pops in my head. The problem is that it's a blend of 2 songs... one I feel comfortable using, one not. So I had to look up the song I wanted to use. Sure enough, the line I was getting confused happens to be in both songs.

The song for today is: "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies

Sugar,
Oh, Honey Honey.
You are my candy girl,
and you got me wanting you.

Honey,
Oh, Sugar, Sugar.
You are my candy girl
and you got me wanting you.
I just can't believe the loveliness of loving you.
(I just can't believe it's true).
I just can't believe the wonder of this feeling too.
(I just can't believe it's true).

Sugar,
Oh, Honey Honey.
You are my candy girl,
and you got me wanting you.

Honey,
Oh, Sugar, Sugar.
You are my candy girl
and you got me wanting you.

When I kissed you girl, I knew how sweet a kiss could be.
(I know how sweet a kiss can be)
Like the summer sunshine pour your sweetness over me.
(Pour your sweetness over me).

Oh pour little sugar on me honey (sugar)
Pour little sugar on me baby (honey honey)
When you make love so sweet (Yeah Yeah Yeah.)
Pour little sugar on me (oh yeah)
Pour little sugar on me honey
Pour little sugar on me baby
I'm gonna make love so sweet (hey hey hey)
Pour little sugar on me honey.

Ah sugar.
Oh honey, honey.
You are my candy, girl,
and you got me wanting you.

Oh honey (honey, honey, sugar, sugar)
Sugar, sugar
You are my candy girl...

Now, to have some fun, I had to use my Sweetiebellas. Their ice cream cones have a really cool texture - I glued some sugar onto them. :) Yes, REAL sugar - straight from my sugar container in the kitchen.
Stamps: Stamping Bella - Sweetiebellas; SU! - Priceless; Papertrey - Piece of Cake. Paper: Barely Banana, Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, white. Accessories: corner rounder punch, paper piercer, Prismacolor pencils, Sakura Quickie glue pen, sugar, ribbon.

And yes, I said I finally finished my mailbox. It's not extremely ornate.
Paper: Wild Asparagus DP. Accessories: 1/4" Real Red grosgrain, Bazzil rub-ons, chipboard flower glued to the flag with Diamond Glaze - chipboard is inked in Brilliance Moonlight White and sponged Tempting Turquoise. Me and My Big Ideas adhesive rhinestones finish it off.

No comments: