Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Final STVV

The Stalker's Thread challenges are unique for one major thing: at the end of the month, the challenge is passed onto another hostess.

So, this is my last time hostessing the Visualize Verses challenge. The hostess for February is Faith - Markie's Mom. She's a wonderful person and the stamper I want to be when I grow up, so I'm sure her poems and songs are going to be phenomenal.

So it goes without a surprise that I didn't choose my song for my final challenge until 8:30 tonight. I am such a procrastinator.

The song is...

"Cheek to Cheek" by Irving Berlin, performed by Fred Astaire in one of his movies with Ginger Rogers - I can't remember which one, there's 10 or so.

Heaven, I'm in heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek

Heaven, I'm in heaven
And the cares that hung around me through the week
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak
When we're out together dancing (swinging) cheek to cheek

Oh I love to climb a mountain
And reach the highest peak
But it doesn't thrill (boot) me half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek

Oh I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek
But I don't enjoy it half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek(Come on and)

Dance with me
I want my arm(s) about you
That (Those) charm(s) about you
Will carry me through...(Right up)

To heaven, I'm in heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing, out together dancing (swinging)
Out together dancing cheek to cheek

Here's the deal - this is your inspiration for your card. Create a card that comes to mind after reading the lyrics.
Stamps: Gina K Designs: Heartfelt Hits 1. Paper: Going Gray, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White. Ink: Basic Gray. Accessories: rhinestone brads, Primas, dimensionals, spiral punch, Sakura Stardust gel pen.

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

LOVE how you used this set. the notebook edge is so cool! Great job!

Kathy W said...

I agree with Carolyn: the spiral punch edges are striking on this card. Great challenge and great card.