Thursday, January 3, 2008

*gasp* It's a card!!!

I seriously haven't stamped since Christmas Eve. I was feeling lazy. I even skipped one of my Visualize Verses challenges.

But... I'm back and with a new card. :)

Today's (well technically tomorrow's) Visualize Verses poem is:

"Feelin' Good" - performed by Michael Buble, the Pussycat Dolls, and I'm sure numerous other artists.

Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze drifting on by
You know how I feel
It's a new a dawn
And a new day
And a new life for me
And I'm feeling good
So good, yeah

Fish in the sea
You know how I feel
Rivers running free
You know how I feel
Bouncing on the tree
You know how I feel
It's a new a dawn
And a new day
And a new life for me
And I'm feeling good
So good
So good

Dragon fly out in the sun
You know what I mean
Don't you know?
Butterflies all having fun
You know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
That's what I mean
World is a new world and a bold world for me

Stars when you shine
You know how I feel
Scent of pine
You know how I feel
Oh, freedom is mine
And I know how I feel
It's a new dawn
And a new day
And a new love for me
And I'm feeling...
Oh...
I'm feeling good

You know how I feel
You know how I feel
YouYou know how I feel
Feeling good
I'm feeling good
I'm feeling good
Feeling good
Feeling good
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me


  • Card base is Sage Shadow - regular card size. I chose it to go with the DP:
  • DP is Autumn Leaves - Manhattan collection. I love this paper, it really close to Sage Shadow in color and a very pretty pattern. I ticket corner punched the dp and placed copper brads in the corners.
  • Basic Black cardstock in between the card base and the dp makes the color difference less noticeable.
  • My butterflies are stamped on Whisper White with Papertrey's Butterfly Kisses. I stamped in Sage Shadow and Groovy Guava and cut them out. I folded the wings to they're 3D and popped them on a dimensional.
  • Ribbon is May Arts brown polka dot organdy.
  • I grabbed some of my Primas and layered them together and attached them with a copper brad. Then attached them to the card with a dimensional just above the knot in the ribbon.

Side story: I've talked about my stamping space before. It's in the basement - one of the reasons I refer to it as the dungeon. It's wonderful in the summer - it's maybe 65 down there. Right now? It's 13 outside. The basement's probably hovering at 50 - at the MAX. I have poor circulation in my hands and feet, so I'll wind up with blue fingernails. Going downstairs tonight to make this card, I put on sneakers so I didn't walk on the floor stocking footed and I put on a sweatshirt to keep myself warm. Honestly, I feel it's ridiculous, but it's cold down there!

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Sara, the butterflies on this card are so pretty; great color choice. My new stamping room is also in the basement (as is my office), and I agree, it is cold down here! I keep an extra sweater and slippers near the computer. Tried keeping gloves on my hands, but can't really type or papercraft with them. lol I empathize with your situation. Thanks for enduring the cold in order to make and share such a great card.