Thursday, December 13, 2007

WT Challenge


I haven't done one of the WT Challenges in a while. I guess I'm buy doing other things on Thursdays - like come up with the song/poem I want to use for my STVV challenge tomorrow.

Ways to Use It Challenge. Today is was monochromatic cards. These cards always look so pretty and elegant - but you need to make sure the colors go together. Honestly, I have an SU Color Coach - monochromatic cards are all I seem to use it for now.

Nitty Gritty time:

  • Card base is Bashful Blue.
  • On the bottom of the card (where you write), I turned it up 1" and closed the sides off with brads to create a gift card pocket.
  • The main image is from My Favorite Things Stamps - Baby It's Cold Outside. Stamped in Versafine black on watercolor paper, it's colored in with SU! Markers and shaded/blended with blender pens.
  • The sentiment is from MFT - Essential Sentiments and is stamped in Bashful Blue. It's stamped on Bohemia dp by My Mind's Eye.
  • Blue velvet ribbon is the finishing touch.

The thing I learned today: Well, technically it was last night, but I was looking at the tutorial by Julie (she's over in my blog list) on how to color with SU markers to make them look like Copics (more expensive alcohol markers) and she uses the SU marker and an aqua painter. I tried this and I found that my aqua painter lets too much water out - the colors were bleeding out of the lines. :( Blender pens work better for me.

No comments: