Monday, December 3, 2007

Stalker Color Challenge 7 - tutorial to follow


This is my card for the Stalker Color Challenge 7 - Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand and Certainly Celery. I wasn't too sure about the colors until I pulled the cardstock out and went "oh, okay." Why do I always seem to doubt?

This is also my second attempt at making a Matchbook card. I'm tired of making "traditional" cards, so I wanted to do something different. I'll post a tutorial on how to make a Matchbook card soon.
  • Card base is Purely Pomegranate - unfolded and unstapled, it's 4 1/2"x11"
  • All images are from True Friend.
  • Sentiment block is Whisper White with the sentiment stamped in Certainly Celery. This is layered on Chocolate Chip. I used dimensionals so I didn't have to lay this directly on top of the staples. Ticket Corner punch and rhinestones embellish it.
  • I used the spiral punch to add detail to my piece of Sahara Sand cardstock. I also stamped it with Purely Pomegranate and marked the middle of the fowers with mini black brads.
  • The main image is inked in Sahara Sand and rolled in Chocolate Chip ink. I paper pierced some of the dots around the flower so the Certainly Celery underneath shows through. A black brad marks the middle.
  • The upper design is held in place with Tacky Tape - otherwise it keeps popping off when you bend it slightly to close the card.

No comments: