Sunday, December 16, 2007

Selling cards: the reveal

I mentioned yesterday that my boss asked me on Friday to make cards for her. I started them Friday night, but didn't get them done until today.

Darn that urge to bake cookies! ;-)

So, I got a list of 6 ideas of what she wanted and here's what I came up with based on her suggestions.


  • Instructions: "Decorative crystals with black and turquoise tones."
  • Hmm... No idea given on the image. Thankfully I have my new favorite stamp set - Baby It's Cold Outside by MFT.
  • Paper: Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • Rhinestones, ribbon, ticket corner punch, dimensionals, prismacolor pencils, baby oil were used on this card.
  • Print Pattern background is colored in with the Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, and Basic Black markers.

  • Directions: "Fairies with pink tones."
  • No Fairy stamps. Got the okay to use the stamp from Baby It's Cold Outside.
  • Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and white cardstock. Rose Red dp - in strips and also pieced into her coat.
  • Background is snowflakes from Papertrey's Snowflake Serenade.
  • Boots and scarf colored in with Prismacolor pencils.
  • White brads and dimensionals added.

  • Directions: "Snowman with blue tones."
  • I explained what the Penny Black Frosty stamp looked like and she liked it, so I stamped it twice, masking to get the second snowman behind the first.
  • I used a Prismacolor grey pencil to shade the snowman slightly.
  • The snow is sparkled with a quickie glue pen and glitter.
  • Background is Blue Bayou and Soft Sky dp colored blocked on a Blue Bayou card.
  • Snowflake brads and dimensionals finish it off.

  • Directions: "Santa with red and white tones."
  • Santa? Check. Do I want to use just red and white? Not really.
  • Card base is River Rock. DP is Dashing.
  • Santa's colored in with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil.
  • Ribbon and brads finish the card off.

  • Directions: "Purses with pink tones."
  • Purses - I have... with shopping ladies, courtesy of MFT. :)
  • Paper: Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, White, Rose Red DP.
  • Image is colored in with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil. Some shopping bags are paper pieced with Rose Red dp.
  • Brads, bauble and dimensional finish this off.

  • Directions: "Purses with red, pink, silver and midnight blue tones."
  • Hmm... red, pink, silver, and navy... check! Shoppers are out again, courtesy of MFT's Say Charge
  • Background paper is the shopping bag (or big purse) from Say Charge stamped in Real Red, Night of Navy, Pixie Pink and Versamark embossed in silver ep.
  • Main image is colored in with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil. Silver bag is paper pieced and a bauble is the center of the flower.

I think I did a pretty good job with the cards. :)

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

I think you did an awesome job, Sara! Wow, you are on a bit of a deadline huh? LOL I love them all, but my favorite ones are the pink on up top and the Santa Claus one. They are really cute, pretty LOs on them all though! :) Kelly