Saturday, December 1, 2007

STVV - Brand New Challenge...

And it's all mine! At least for this Friday and the month of December. STVV - Stalker's Visualize Verses - is a twist on a classic inspiration challenge. Instead of getting a picture, you get a poem or song lyrics - that's your inspiration for your card.

Since I'm the hostess, I get to choose the poem or song. *imagine Mr. Burns-like tapping of fingers* The song I chose for the first challenge is: *drumroll*

"Here Comes the Sun" - written by George Harrison

It's about winter ending. And here, winter's just starting - we had a dusting of snow on Thursday. I woke up today to 4 inches on the ground. Snow is a beautiful sight - a PAIN to drive in. You know the Walgreens commercial where all the snow falls only on the lawns, never on the sidewalks or roads? I'd ADORE snow if that happened.

*clears throat, returns to subject* So, what's one of the great things about winter ending? Getting outside to cook and socialize. Which explains my card.



  • Card is a 5.5" square of Green Galore. I think that this color reminds me of new grass. Of course it's also the color of appletinis.
  • Next layer up is Georgia Pacific white cardstock brayered on the bottom 2/3s with Green Galore. The upper part is sponged with Soft Sky ink.
  • The umbrella. Here comes the sun? Sunny days need shade. I found a piece of DP at my LSS which was all umbrellas, so I cut a big red one out. I put a star brad at the top.
  • I've had Grillafella for a while and he hasn't been inked up yet. But he was perfect for my card. I also didn't want him to be lonely, so Cosmobella came out for the party too - appletini in hand. They're both colored in with Prismacolor pencils.
  • What I've learned: Double sided tape doesn't seem to stick very well to brayered surfaces - as I type, it looks like Grillafella's grill is trying to make a run for it.

Sidenote: I went to my LSS on Wednesday and picked up more primas. *sigh* First step, admitting you have a problem. Hello, my name is Sara and I'm a prima addict.

No comments: