On SCS, there has been a "game" going around where someone asks to "elf" you - kinda like Secret Santa. Once you've been "elfed," you choose 2 people you want to elf. Of course, just after I joined, they were overwhelmed and shut down the game. But I still get to choose my people. And I got my package from my Elf today.
Well, I've been meaning to make these cards for a while, but life's been getting in the way - like it seems to. Doesn't Life know I want to stamp? *grins*
The perfect solution came up with the early present of the Featured Stamper challenge - I'm usually asleep when this is issued - Beth, the hostess for the challenge lives on the West Coast. So I'm completely shocked when I find it at 8pm EST - and it's been up for an hour.
So Rose Ann's the Featured Stamper for the day - and her gallery is beautiful. I also put her blog into my list, if you want to look around.
So I CASE a card which will be my Elf cards.
- Card is based around the DP which I found at my LSS - Daisy Bucket.
- I don't have cardstock the dusky rose color, so I pull my colors out of the stripes in the background - perfect matches for Wild Wasabi and Rose Red.
- Card base is Wild Wasabi.
- Main sentiment is from Lexicon of Love, stamped in Wild Wasabi with a snowflake from Snowflake Serenade stamped off in Rose Red in the "background." This is layered on Rose Red detailed with the spiral punch.
- The other sentiment is from Riveting. It's stamped in Rose Red, punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. It's layered on a 1 3/8" circle of Rose Red, layered on a scalloped circle of the DP.
- The middle of the circles is more DP punched out with the 1/2" circle punch.
- The whole circle sentiment stuff is popped up on dimensionals.
- I used Wild Wasabi DS ribbon for my criss-cross.
- 3 brads at the top of the card complete it.
I hope my Elf people like their cards and gifts.