I've had some fun coming up with ideas for the poems/songs used in this challenge. I'm also a last-minute idea person. This means I came up with the idea for what poem I'm posting oh, about 4 hours ago.
So, without further ado, the poem for today is.....
"The Unicorn" by Shel Silverstein (performed by the Irish Rovers)
A long time ago, when the earth was green
And there was more kind of animals than you've ever seen,
And they run around free while the world was being' born,
And the loveliest of all was the Unicorn.
There was green alligators and long-neck geese.
There was humpy-bumpy camel and chimpanzees.
There was catsandratsandelephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the Unicorn.
But the Lord seen some sinnin', and it caused him pain.
He says, "Stand back, I'm gonna make it rain."
He says, "Hey Brother Noah, I'll tall ya whatcha do.
Go and build me a floatin' zoo.
And you'll take two alligators and a couple of geese,
Two humpy bumpy camels and two chimpanzees.
Take two catsandratsandelephants, but sure as you're born
Noah, don't you forget my Unicorn."
Now Noah was there, and he answered the callin',
And he finished up the ark just as the rain started fallin'.
He marched in the animals two by two,
And he called out as they went through.
"Hey Lord, I got your two alligators and your couple of geese,
Your humpy bumpy camels and your two chimpanzees.
Got your catsandratsandelephants - but Lord, I'm so forlorn
'Cause I just don't see no Unicorn."
Ol' Noah looked out through the drivin' rain,
But the Unicorns were hidin', playin' silly games.
They were kickin' and splashin' in the misty morn.
Oh them silly Unicorn.
Then the goat started goatin', and the snake started snakin',
The elephant started elephantin', and the boat started shakin'.
The mouse started squeakin', and the lion started roarin',
And everyone's aboard but the Unicorn.
I mean the green alligators and the long-neck geese,
The humpy bumpy camels and the chimpanzees.
Noah cried, "Close the door 'cause the rain is pourin' -
And we just can't wait for them Unicorn."
The the ark started movin', and it drifted with the tide,
And the Unicorns looked up from the rock and cried.
And the water come up and sort of floated them away -
That's why you've never seen a Unicorn to this day.
You'll see a lot of alligators and a whole mess of geese.
You'll see humpy bumpy camels and lots of chimpanzees.
You'll see catsandratsandelephants, but sure as you're born
You're never gonna see no Unicorn.
Plenty of images to choose from in this. :)
- Card base is Certainly Celery.
- Background layer is Chatterbox Gingerbread Plaid (at least the opposite side of the paper is) Corners are punched with the ticket corner.
- Main image is the elephant from MFT stamps - It's a Jungle Out There. I stamped 1 in Palette Charcoal ink and masked it off to stamp elephant #2. They're colored in with a grey Prismacolor pencil and baby oil. Tusks and toes are colored in with a white gel pen.
- Main image is cut out with a round Coluzzle and the edges sponged with Certainly Celery ink. The grass is another stamp out of the It's a Jungle set and is inked in Wild Wasabi.
- Sentiment is from MFT - Essential Sentiments (can you tell I got some new stamps? ) It's inked in Certainly Celery on watercolor paper and is punched out with the word window punch.
- Primas are held together with an SEI brad and are popped up on dimensionals.