Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Favorite Guest Designer and Ways to Use It card

It's the beginning of the month, and it's time for another My Favorite Guest Designer project. This month's challenge was to create a candy holder - nugget box, slider, pixie pouch - basically whatever your heart desired.

My project: A milk carton. :) We got a lot of snow yesterday and I really wanted to use my Winter Blast set - those penguins are adorable! So with the help of Beate's milk carton tutorial in the Resource section of SCS, I created my own.

I had a blast doing this and I think it looks adorable!

Stamps: MFT- Winter Blast and Essential Sentiments. Paper: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Georgia-Pacific white. Ink: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Versafine black onyx. Accessories: brads, Marvy mega scallop square punch, ribbon, stapler, tacky tape, stylus, paper piercer, prismacolor pencils, word window punch, silver cording.

I also made a card for the Ways to Use it Challenge - DOTS. I think I did a pretty good job on this card and *gasp* No embellies!!!

Stamps: Stamping Bella: Cuppacakeabella and Obey all the Rules. Paper: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Really Rust, Watercolor paper, Fall Flowers dp. Ink: Versafine black onyx, Really Rust, Reinkers: Really Rust, Old Olive, Soft Sky. Accessories: corner rounder punch, ticket corner punch, aquapainter.

Update on my problem from yesterday. Talking it over with my friends on SCS and hearing what they had to say - as well as those who posted here - I've come to the conclusion that papertrimmer blades don't count as stamping supplies - they're more of stamping necessities. So I'm going up to Hobby Lobby tonight and just buying blades. I did make it through the MFT release party without buying anything last night!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

That milk carton is adorable, and I love the colors (and DP) of your bella card. Hurray, so glad to hear you got your papertrimmer blades.

Stampinsilvia said...

tooooo cute Sara!!! I absolutely LOVE it!