Monday, February 11, 2008

Faith's TLC

Today's Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast was hosted by one of my good friends, Faith - markie's mom over on Splitcoast.

Faith LOVES a technique she calls Ink, Spray and Smash. You take a piece of glossy cardstock, spritz it with a water bottle, dribble reinkers onto the paper, spritz another sheet of paper with water and smash the 2 sheets of paper together. You can do it multiple times before you run out of ink on the bottom sheet.

Kinda messy and lots of fun. I only just tried it today - I've been too scared to in the past.

I'm still in my "it's freezing, give me warm colors" phase.

The Ink, Spray and Smash paper was made with Pumpkin Pie and Pink Passion reinkers. The background is the second sheet pressed and the flower is made with either the bottom sheet or the first sheet - I can't remember.

I made this flower on another card earlier this year and really liked how it turned out - the petals of the flower are made from the outline heart from the Papertrey set Sweet Love. One layer is stamped in a circle, cut around the outside, the top petals are all individual, taped on separately and folded to give dimension.
Stamps: Papertrey - Sweet Love. Paper: Glossy white, Pink Passion, River Rock. Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Pink Passion. Accessories: ribbon, mat pack, charm, rhinestone brads.

My friend and coworker asked me a while ago if I could alter a composition book to give to her boyfriend for Valentine's Day. He's a musician, writes lyrics and she wanted to give him a gift that would mean a lot to him. I hope I didn't make it too feminine.

Stamps: Papertrey - Out on a Limb. Paper: Music and alphabet paper I had laying around the house, Basic Black. Ink: Brilliance Moonlight White. Accessories: mod podge, super jumbo scalloped oval punch, brads, ribbon, spiral clip, composition book.

2 comments:

Stampinsilvia said...

Ohh I think it's great...not too feminine at all! You done good girl!!!

Kathy W said...

The journal is very nice; glad to hear that he liked it. Wowza, Sara, your card is amazing. I love the colors you used. I'm going to have to give this technique a try. Thanks for sharing.