Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good evening Tuesday!

I'm generally getting out of work about now, but I switched hours so I worked this morning instead of this afternoon. Not a bad trade - I've had an open afternoon. Which I spent shopping for non-stamping items and watching some television.

I finally got to the color challenge this afternoon. The colors today were Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie and Orchid Opulence. I have to admit, my nose wrinkled at the thought of this combo, then I saw the sample. Okay, this will work. It's tropical - can I have the weather too? It's snowing again, I'm sick of snow.

I came up with this card sketch/idea while at work today and I think it turned out well when I actually made the card.

Stamps: Embrace Life, Stamping Bella - Bikinibella. Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence. Paper: Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie dp. Accessories: mat pack, dimensionals, brads, Sakura stardust pen, Prismacolor pencils.

GRRRRR... I was starting to fill in the blanks on my SCS gallery upload when I was told that I'd timed out. So mad that I have to start OVER again.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

It's fun to see the flowers from this set put into a tropical theme rather than the soft, watercolored look from most cards using these stamps. Great job on the color challenge; this one was tough for a lot of people. I passed on this one; I'm in the middle of making sympathy cards, and these colors wouldn't have worked! TFS.