Wednesday, November 14, 2007

SC150 Mousie Get Better


This card was created for the SCS Sketch Challenge #150. I had fun creating this card... and it took less than 30 minutes - from the time I went downstairs to the time I walked out of my stamp room. I really need to put a clock in there.
  • Base is Chocolate Chip
  • Next layer up is Close to Cocoa Prints DP. I used the tag corner punch on the corners (where else?) and then glued rhinestones to the Chocolate Chip layer for a little sparkle.
  • The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and it's wrapped around the Close to Cocoa layer. It's a VERY close match to Mellow Moss.
  • The House Mouse image is stamped in Basic Gray ink and only the blanket is colored. I colored it with a Prismacolor pencil that matches Mellow Moss.
  • The sentiment is from Quick Thinking and is stamped in Groovy Guava.
  • Mellow Moss and Groovy Guava are the "framing" layers for the main image. I pierced the corners of the Mellow Moss layer with my paper piercer.
  • The image and its layers are popped up on dimensionals.

As I was naming this card, I thought of something that happened at work about a month ago. I work at a daycare center, so I have a lot of cute stories of what kids say. We have this little boy - B - who's autistic and he's the sweetest little kid ever. He's also hilarious. We have a dwarf hampster at daycare for the kids to look at and towards the end of the day - when there's not 40 kids running around making lots and lots of noise, GusGus (the hampster) graces us with his presence. Okay, backstory over. It was the end of the day and us teachers are cleaning up, making sure the fish and GusGus are fed for the night and GusGus comes out to run on his wheel. B saw this and was so excited that "Mousie" - what B called him - was out and running. He then encouraged GusGus to run by saying "Run Mousie, Run!" All I can think of is Forrest Gump and I'm trying not to laugh. But "Mousie" was running and B was happy.


Just had to share.

No comments: