Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday - double challenge post

It's been a busy day with some fun challenges.



First challenge was Faith's last time hostessing the Stalker's Thread Color Challenge. She chose Real Red, Handsome Hunter, Mellow Moss and Old Olive. Hello green!

  • I chose to use Papertrey's Snowflake Serenade as my background stamped in all the colors of the challenge.
  • The main image is from SU! The World Over. It's stamped in Basic Gray and colored in with my Prismacolor pencils.
  • I wanted to add a little punch (and some ribbon) so I tied some Real Red grosgrain around my background 3 times and pulled the knots to the bottom.


The other challenge was the Technique Lover's Challenge: Clear sleeved Nugget boxes. Now, I'd heard about Nugget tins - I have a bunch, courtesy of a buy with a friend on SCS - but I'd never heard of Nugget boxes. I followed the links to the different sized boxes - I'd like to thank that person - they did a great job.

  • Bottom of my box is a piece of Scenic Route paper - it's vanilla with an olive pattern on it. There's no tape holding it together - it's just folded.
  • The slide is a piece of acetate (like a transparency) that's leftover from when I made an acetate card. It's held together with 3 brads.
  • The nuggets are wrapped with an address label stamped with a snowflake from Snowflake Serenade in Old Olive.
  • The slide is tied with a piece of olive velvet ribbon.

No comments: