Monday, November 5, 2007

Regal Elegant Butterflies


Today's the day for the Stalker Thread Color Challenge by Faith (markie's mom). I really like these new color challenges because we're given 4 colors, allowed 2 neutrals and sent off to do what we do. Our colors for today: Regal Rose, Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink, and Sage Shadow.

To be perfectly honest, this challenge threw me for a loop. I really couldn't think of stamps to use right off the top of my head - even though I have what seems like 8 gazillion. I really didn't want to go "girly" with this kind of color scheme, but the butterflies were calling me.

On to the nitty gritty:

  • Base is Regal Rose. I did some paper piercing in the corners.
  • Next layer up is Elegant Eggplant. I stamped Print Pattern on it in Elegant Eggplant, then used my spiral punch to decorate the edge.
  • The ovals (Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink, and white) were done with my Coluzzle. The sage layer turned out a little wonky, so under the eggplant layer is goes. The Pretty in Pink layer is paper pierced too.
  • The butterflies are white cardstock with the solid wings stamped in Pretty in Pink or Sage Shadow. The pink details are Regal Rose and the purple details are Elegant Eggplant. The butterflies are also popped up on tiny pieces of dimensionals with their wings folded slightly to give even more dimension.

1 comment:

Laura said...

love your butterflies, Sara! I am missing you guys, I haven't been able to get on the last few days:(