Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why??????

Life took over again. Really. When's a girl supposed to stamp and blog? Theorhetically, this upcoming week should be better. We'll see when we get there.

I've done some stamping over the last few days (read Friday night and today) but I didn't take pictures or upload anything until today.

I made a card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #43. I have had Lovely as a Tree since the beginning of February (it was in my pre-Lent spending spree) and I hadn't inked it up. I figured it was time - especially since I couldn't figure out what to put in that bottom box. I love how my Ink, Spray and Smash paper turned out. The paper on the card is the bottom piece of paper(the one you originally ink up) though it's been through 3 presses of other cardstock. The tree is stamped in Chocolate Chip and watercolored with reinkers (note to self: you have Palette Burnt Umber - close to the same color and WATERPROOF. USE IT!) The studs are We R Memory Keepers large snaps. It was interesting trying to figure out what combination of numbers and letters I needed to use on my cropadile to get them to set properly.
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Groovy Guava, Glossy White. Ink: Brocade Blue, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery reinker. Accessories: water, ticket corner punch, snaps, cropadile, dimensionals.

The card I made today was for the Featured Stamper. I had a hard time choosing in Kharmagirl's gallery - it's fabulous. But I did find this card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/729620 that I loved. Time to change the colors and a few other things. Instead of brads, I used Stickles Crystal and Frosted Lace for the middles of my flowers.
Stamps: Papertrey Little Lady. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, white. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou. Accessories: Stickles, white primsacolor pencil, dimensionals, ribbon.

Wishing everyone a fun weekend and a great week!

1 comment:

Neva said...

Sara this is just lovely, great background you created. wonderful job of coloring that fantastic image.