Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Stalkers Create a Challenge!

Generally by the time I get up in the morning and turn on the computer, the Tuesday Color Challenge is up on Splitcoast. Not so today. So I get involved in chatting with my fellow Challenge Chasers, talking about life and the recent Color Challenges - there have been some "muddy" colors in them - browns, greys, river rock, sahara sand, etc. and we wanted some COLOR. We decided that we wanted Wild Wasabi to be in the challenge because it hasn't been featured.

Thus a new challenge was created: the Stalker Thread Color Challenge. Challenge #1: Wild Wasabi and whatever you want to combine with it. My card for the challenge:

  • I've had this Langley Boy stamp set (Thanks for Your Support) by Gina K for a while and haven't used them. *slaps hand considering I squealed like a little girl when I saw them and ordered them ASAP* The panty panel (which is so funny to say) is stamped in Wild Wasabi, Lovely Lilac and So Saffron. The Wasabi pair in the middle of the card has "glitter lace" courtesy of a glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

  • My sentiment is also from that set and is stamped on Wild Wasabi in Wild Wasabi.

  • I love my Primas, so I dug through a bag of them and came up with 2 that matched the Lovely Lilac and So Saffron. They're on a 1 1/4" square punch of Lovely Lilac and that's on a 1 3/8" square punch of Wild Wasabi. The primas are attached with SEI brads and the squares are popped up on dimensionals.

So I was given a link to Jason - the designer's - blog in one of my comments on SCS and it turns out that I've adored this set for MONTHS now. One of the first cards I ever favorited on SCS was by his wife using THIS SET. Because of that card, I have been scouring the stamp world looking for something similar. What a crazy world.

No comments: