This is my card for the LSC challenge: Nothing to Lose. We were to create a card for someone who has cancer - because we have nothing to lose and it will brighten the day of whomever gets it.
Because it's Limited Supplies, our guest hostess said we weren't allowed hardware (brads, eyelets, etc.), ribbon, or designer paper. My eyes nearly popped out of my head - my favorite things not allowed? Suck it up and deal Sara - as the kids at the daycare I work at say, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."
So I decided to sleep on the idea and see what came to me in the morning. And it was about 7am when I came up with the idea of shaving cream background and a flower with petals made of scalloped ovals. So I'm half asleep, dreaming up my card - which sounds absolutely absurd, but that's pretty much how this card came together. So now to the gritty details:
- Card is SU! Lovely Lilac (which I think is often overlooked as a color choice)
- Background is shaving cream technique with Lovely Lilac and Certainly Celery reinkers
- Petals on my flower are Lovely Lilac and shaving cream paper; punched out with Marvy Uckida Super Jumbo and Extra Jumbo scalloped oval punches.
- Leaves and stem are hand cut in Certainly Celery
- The center of my flower is 1 3/8" circle punch in Groovy Guava; 1 1/4" circle punch in Whisper White - Think Happy Thoughts is stamped in Certainly Celery; the flower in the center is stamped in Groovy Guava, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. The black center is done with a Sakura Glaze pen in black.
- The faux brads are 1/8" punches from my crop-a-dile, glued on the card and shined up with a bit of black Glaze pen.