Monday, October 15, 2007

A quickie TLC candy slider


Ahh, the SCS Technique Lover's Challenge: TLC for short. This is such fun - when you have all the 'ingredients.' You learn a lot doing this challenge. Today's challenge was to do a popcorn or candy slider cover.
Since I'm a popcorn snob, I don't have any microwave popcorn in the house. Okay, I'm not actually a popcorn snob... I happened to do the math one day and realized that buying a bag of popcorn, bottle of canola oil, buttery spray, and a jar of whatever shaker flavor strikes my fancy was cheaper than buying the 3 bag box of ____ flavor for $3 on sale. So it takes 10 minutes instead of 5... I can deal.
Anywho... back to reality... Slider covers - I have chocolate bars, so I dug one out and proceeded to choose what color I wanted the cardstock. And the phone rings - it's work. "can you come in at 10:15 instead of 11:30?" *internal sigh, look at the clock - it's 9:40* "Yeah." Time to make the fastest slider I can so I can get it uploaded before I leave.
Purely Pomegranate cardstock, cut at 4 3/4" x 5 1/2" (I'm guestimating on the second measurement - I was in a hurry.) Scored at 1 3/4; 2 1/4; 4 and 4 1/2. Closed with Tacky Tape. I stamped the main image from Haunting Halloween in Palette Charcoal ink, punch it out with a Marvy Uckida mega scalloped square punch. It' colored with Prismacolor pencils. The pomegranate bubbles and frog's eyes are covered with a Sakura clear Glaze pen... the pupils of the frog's eyes were touched with the black glaze pen. The main image is on dimensionals.
The slider ribbon is SU! Always Artichoke run through 1/4" square punch holes. My sentiment is from Papertrey's Spooky Sweets and was stamped while the candy was in the slider - very carefully.

No comments: