It's Wednesday: SCS sketch challenge day! I couldn't resist using my new Papertrey stamp set Piece of Cake with this sketch... the long panel is perfect for the 3 tiered cake.
- The background was originally going to be Mellow Moss... and no stamps on it. But that's plain, so I grabbed a piece of vanilla to layer with it and my Print Pattern background stamp. I colored the stamp Pumpkin Pie, Blush Blossom and Mellow Moss and stamped it out. Most of it's covered up, but I like the way it looks.
- I also did some experimentation on where the flowers should go. I think where they wound up works for me. *note to self: Next time, make the cake a brighter color so it's easier to see.*
- The sentiment was stamped in Mellow Moss and Pumpkin Pie. There was layering on all sides and it looks really nice (in my humble opinion.) Then I realized my panel was too big and would take up too much of the large panel - hide my cake. I cut the panel down to size.
- The flower centers on the cake are colored in with a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen (wow, that's a long name!) When I first applied the color, it matched the Pumpkin Pie wonderfully.
- I finished my card, looked at it and realized that I really didn't use any embellies *gasp of shock and horror* So I grabbed my crop-a-dile and punched 2 holes and threaded my Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain through it.
I really like how this card turned out. :)