Monday, July 28, 2008

Update!

Since I forgot to bake scones yesterday for today's afternoon snack at work, I'm up bright and early and I have time to update. *gasp*

This last week on Splitcoast, it's been a treat for Fan Club members - the Dare to Get Dirty challenges arrived! For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, Splitcoast has a design team which is affectionately referred to as the "Dirty Dozen." These women are phenomenal stampers and I can only dream to be 1/5th as good a stamper as they are. Fan Club members pay a small amount a year ($25) to get instant uploads and access to themed gallery the Dirty Dozen created that month.

As a thank you, Fan Club members have access to special challenges created by current and past members of the Dirty Dozen - the Dare to Get Dirty challenges. Thankfully there weren't as many as last year - I was pretty sick of making cards by the end of the week last year.

The major thing I learned with these challenges: when possible, combine. It makes life easier and you don't have as many cards laying around at the end of the day.

So... the cards from the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges:

I almost went blind when I saw this color combo together on my table. Is it obvious I don't use Bold Brights that often? Thankfully the card turned out not as bright when it was assembled.

Stamps: PTI - Garden of Life. Paper: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, YoYo Yellow, Whisper White. Ink: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, YoYo Yellow. Accessories: slit punch, corner rounder punch, oval nesties, velcro, tacky tape, ribbon.

I love cupcakes.

Stamps: MFT - What's Up Cupcake, PTI - Mixed Messages. Paper: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Real Red, My Mind's Eye dp. Ink: Palette Noir, Real Red. Accessories: oval nesties, dimensionals

I loved this sketch when I saw it. This card is a combo of 2 challenges: the sketch and a monochromatic card challenge. Thanks Manda (tropicalichick) for the image!

Stamps: none - image received as a gift. Ink: Really Rust and Blush Blossom markers. Paper: Really Rust, Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava cs and dp. Accessories: brads, primas, ribbon, dimensionals

My interpretation of a really pretty cake that was used for an inspiration challenge.

Stamps: Flourishes - Damask. Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, PTI Select White. Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Accessories: brads, dimensionals.

A masculine card challenge

Stamps: none. Paper: Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, Real Red, East Coast Prep dp. Accessories: Basic Grey fibers - Boxer, brad, Heidi Swapp ghost star, dimensionals.


**Some of the new In Colors are intermingled with regular SU! colors. I'm not a demo, but I was extremely fortunate to get my hands on some of the paper before it's available to everybody.

Typing in 12 minute spurts is getting annoying. Thankfully, my baking is on the last pan.

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: