Monday, July 14, 2008

It's time to show some cards

I need to get myself back in the mindset of make a card, take a picture and upload it all in the same day. I need to do a KETCHUP post.

Not long after I did my last post, I was printing someting out and the paper jammed. Not a problem, except I'm working in tight quarters and all the cards I make wind up sitting in a pretty Ikea planter/tin on top of my printer (and more recently, take over my desk in general.) Everything had to be moved.


As you can see from the picture, I had a lot of cards. All the cards that are in the white box weren't in the tin, they were piled precariously on my desk - the threat of avalanche was constant. I'm slowly RAKing the cards - I sent out 11 cards this morning.

Something I wanted to try last week when it was a TLC challenge was making a suspension card. They're super easy and lots of fun.


Stamps: Papertrey - It's a Celebration. Paper: Aqua Mist, Purely Pomegranate, Select White, My Mind's Eye dp. Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Aqua Mist. Accessories: thread, cuttlebug, classic oval Nestabilities, dimensionals, adhesive pearls.

Carole's color challenge last Tuesday was really pretty: Groovy Guava, Barely Banana and Chocolate Chip. I'm not sure I really like how my card turned out, but it's a great color combo.


Stamps: MFT - Boho Blossoms. Paper: Groovy Guava, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Barely Banana. Accessories: dimensionals, ribbon, halfback pearls.

I haven't done a Saturday Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast in forever - almost a year. (I did the math.) The challenge was to be inspired by some wedding cakes - and there was a beautiful aqua cake with branches wrapped around it. The branches reminded me of SU's Embrace Life, so I went from there.


Stamps: SU - Embrace Life, Papertrey - Piece of Cake. Paper: Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Select White. Ink: Burnt Umber Palette, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss. Accessories: ribbon, slit punch, dimensionals, Sakura pen, aquapainter.

And this brings us to today's TLC challenge - grids. Since I don't have a Scor-Pal, I had to use my scoring blade on my trimmer to make my lines - and they're not fancy and on an angle or anything. After scoring my background piece, I stamped it with Flourishes' Damask background stamp and then sponged the edges. The main image is from Time for the Bubbly by My Favorite Things. It's stamped in Palette Noir and colored in with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil.


Stamps: Flourishes - Damask, MFT - Time for the Bubbly. Paper: Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, Select White. Ink: Palette Noir, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon. Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, baby oil, blending stumps, sponge, ribbon, staple, dimensionals, word window punch, brad.

I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

KOstvig said...

LOL lots of cards is right...get those in the mail so people can really appreciate your talent.
Great cards by the way