Sunday, August 3, 2008

A bit of old, a bit of new

In Colors that is. :)

I mentioned in my last post that I was fortunate as a non-Stampin' Up! Demonstrator to get some pieces of the new In Color cardstock before it's available to the regular customer. I'm a matchy-matchy girl, so it's a little difficult to work with the cardstock without the "correct" color of ink, but I've been making do.

So... an idea popped into my head yesterday night about using Tangerine Tango (one of the upcoming In Colors) - which is a really deep rich orange. I thought it would look great with River Rock. Oh, and I didn't really want to stamp the main image - it was going to be a Cuttlebug background. I've left a lot of cards without sentiments and I didn't really want to do it with this one, so I pulled one out of Starlight Starbright from Verve Visuals. My "image" panel and accompanying layer were cut out with Nestabilites. I sponged the Cuttlebugged image with Pumpkin Pie ink to make the image really stand out.

Stamps: Verve Visual - Starlight Starbright. Paper: River Rock, Tangerine Tango. Ink: River Rock, Pumpkin Pie. Accessories: Classic Rectangle Nestabilites, D'vine Swirl Cuttlebug folder, rhinestones, corner rounder punch, double rectangle punch, ribbon, crystal Stickles, dimensionals.

It's the middle of the night, but I wanted to get this posted.

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: