Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Search Begins...

I have a card to share - it's one I made right after VSN but never got around to taking a picture or uploading.

I've really enjoyed the look of sewing on cards, but I didn't like the price of sewing machines. The cheapest I could find for a regular machine was around $100 and let's face it, if you've seen any pictures of my table in the Dungeon, I don't have room for a full size sewing machine. I found a Singer Sew Quick (a hand-held sewing machine) for $15 in a store and figured I'd give it a go.

It's easy to use and only does a straight stitch. The downsides that I can see are:
1) if you're left handed, you might have trouble because it's designed to be held in your right hand with your left hand holding and guiding the material and
2) the way the presser foot is designed - it holds down the material really well and I've had the problem of trying to get paper out, I inadvertently push the needle back into the paper.

Stamps: Out on a Limb, Out on a Limb Additions, Out on a Limb Sentiments. Paper: Tangerine Tango, Only Orange, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla. Ink: Creamy Caramel, Only Orange. Accessories: dimensionals, Sew Quick.

Now, onto my search. I need to find my Christmas card designs - I'm so behind where I was last year. I want one of my cards to be just red and white, another to be yellow and green (I'm different), and I have an idea for another card's image. I made a card last night in yellow and green, but I'm thinking that it would work better as my red and white card.

Wishing everyone a great week,

No comments: