Wednesday, September 17, 2008

3 in a ROW?????

3 challenges in a row? That's a record for me - well, in the recent months at least.

Today's challenge was sketch challenge - a very pretty split background with a main image overlaying the background.

My base is PTI Plum Pudding. I took Lavender Moon cardstock and cut it to be 1/8" smaller than the base. I then cut it apart into sections and inked the edges with Lavender Moon Palette ink. The images in the background are stamped in Lavender Moon stamped off once so they're soft and imitate the main image.

My main image is the fluffy dandelion stamp from Gina K's Make a Wish set. It's stamped in PTI Plum Pudding. I adore this set - it's extremely versatile and I need to put it somewhere easily accessible so I use it more often. The sentiment comes from the same set and is also stamped in Plum Pudding.

I wanted to make the edges of my main image stand out more so I pulled out my Quick Stitch sewing machine (the little handheld one.) I need to work on my sewing.

The prima and rhinestone center were a last minute addition - the card was looking unbalanced and I needed something near the top to equalize the sentiment and the main image. Prima needs to get together with Stampin' Up and Papertrey to get some paper flowers made up in their colors. It would certainly make my life easier.

Stamps: Gina K - Make a Wish. Paper: PTI Select White, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon. Ink: Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon. Accessories: prima, rhinestone, glue, dimensionals, sewing machine.

Wishing for the weekend to start now,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that purple!!! Nice card! Congrats on the 3 in a row!