Sunday, August 24, 2008

MORE VSN cards

I think I did really well this VSN. I got 9 challenges done - which is half. I probably would have gotten more done, but work's been a little nuts. School starts on September 2nd, my group is moving to a new room for the start of the school year, and I have had a lot on my mind.

SO... onto the cards.

Challenge H: Create a Bookmark. Who would have guessed that THIS would take the longest out of every challenge I did????? I'm serious. 43 minutes to create this bookmark. The dress is paper pieced and I colored the rest with Prismacolor pencils (the background was blended with baby oil.) I wanted to add some dimension to the skirt with some well placed colored pencil markings, but I knew I wouldn't get done in the time.

Stamps: Rubbernecker/Stamp Oasis - Left Beauty. Paper: Riding Hood Red, PTI Select White, Basic Grey Boxer dp. Ink: Palette Noir. Accessories: Basic Grey Boxer fibers, eyelet, Prismacolor pencils, baby oil, glue pen, tacky tape.

Challenge I: This challenge was based on the poem in Alice in Wonderland - The Walrus and the Carpenter. We were to use Pearl Ex, Twinkling H2Os, or scallops to create our card. My card was created with my largest scalloped square Nestability die. It's a small card. The image and sentiment come from the PTI set Out on a Limb. The sentiment didn't show up very well, but it says "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Stamps: PTI - Out on a Limb. Paper: Blue Bayou cs and dp, PTI Select White. Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Blue Bayou. Accessories: Square Nestability die, ribbon, corner rounder punch, dimensionals, glitter pen, tacky tape.

Challenge L: We had to incorporate the color purple into our card somehow. Well, I'm not subtle sometimes, so it was a LOT of purple for me. This was the fastest card I made - 13 minutes from picking my colors to attaching my main image.

Stamps: SU - Embrace Life. Paper: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Whisper White. Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum. Accessories: primas, brads, dimensionals, aquapainter.

Challenge P: A color challenge based around the names of Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen series of books. Hannah Swensen is a baker, so they're all named for sweet treats: chocolate chip cookies, cherry cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, etc.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't really start this card to go with this challenge. This card started with me playing with some Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I started layering more and more colors of Distress Ink on top of it and wound up with what's the background on my card - and I added some Sugar Cookie Glimmer Mist. After I finished all this, I realized that it didn't fit ANY challenge that I was planning. Then I remembered the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder.

Stamps: Flourishes - Damask, PTI - Out on a Limb Sentiments. Paper: Chocolate Chip, River Rock, PTI Select White. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Distress Inks in Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Antique Linen. Accessories: Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Antique Linen, Ribbon, double rectangle punch, Glimmer Mist.

Challenge R: The last challenge of the night was to use a stamp set that hasn't been used in over 4 weeks. Well, I don't have any of those *guilty blush* Okay, I have a LOT of those. I've used a few over the course of this VSN weekend. This card started off as another challenge, then I got frustrated with what I was doing and just pulled out my butterfly from Garden Whimsy and stamped it in Aqua Mist on watercolor paper. Add some Stickles and brads, and the card was finished.
Stamps: SU - Garden Whimsy. Paper: Aqua Mist, Watercolor paper, My Mind's Eye dp. Ink: Aqua Mist. Accessories: Corner rounder punch, dimensionals, brads, Crystal Stickles.

That's all for this VSN and I had a blast playing and sharing my cards.

No comments: