Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Catch-up

I've been in an ordering mood. I wanted some new stuff to add to my "arsenal" (as my sister-in-law put it today.)

I've ordered from Eclectic Paperie, Rubbernecker stamps, Cut @ Home and Stamping Bella.

My stuff from Rubbernecker and Eclectic Paperie arrived on Wednesday and I was thrilled to see it. I've been playing around with it - as can be seen from the cards below.

I'm hoping that I get my Classic Square set of Nesties on Monday and Bellas by Wednesday. We'll see when they actually arrive.

Card #1 - I started this card on Wednesday night. One of the things I ordered from Eclectic Paperie was some Glimmer Mist and I couldn't wait to play with it. So I blended the 2 colors I got: Sugar Cookie (which I ordered) and Robin's Egg Blue (a sample they sent me) and it was really close to Soft Sky in color. So after stamping the large flowers from Thankful Blossoms by Verve Visual, I left it to dry. I finished it Thursday night.

Stamps: Verve Visual - Thankful Blossoms, MFT - Essential Sentiments. Paper: PTI - Select White, SU - Soft Sky cs and dp. Ink: Versafine Black Onyx. Accessories: dimensionals, word window punch, black jumbo eyelets, brads, Glimmer Mist - Sugar Cookie and Robin's Egg Blue.

Card #2 - I forgot until Friday night that I had a baby shower to attend Saturday morning. Since I bought a gift card for the mom-to-be, I wanted to hold it easily and I thought that a pocket card was the best choice. Completely forgetting that I DO OWN baby-themed stamps (I HAD to HAVE Bundle of Joy last year), I went with one of my new Rubbernecker stained glass stamps. I really like how this turned out.


Stamps: MFT - Essential Sentiments, Rubbernecker - Daisy Stained Glass. Paper: PTI - Lemon Tart, Lavender Moon, Select White. Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, PTI Lavender Moon. Accesories: Prismacolor pencils, Stickles, staple, ribbon, dimensionals, baby oil, slit punch, tacky tape.

The last card is the Featured Stamper for today - Knightrone. The card I CASEd (Copy and Selectively Edit) was http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/936445 I pulled out another one of my new Rubbernecker images - a single rose and stamped it in Palette Noir.
Stamps: Rubbernecker - single rose. Paper: PTI - Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Select White, Everyday Blessings dp. Ink: Palette Noir, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery. Accessories: dimensionals, Heidi Swapp distressor, brads, aquapainter.

Next weekend is the big VSN, so I will hopefully have a bundle of cards to show off before next Sunday.

Wishing everyone a great week,

No comments: