Monday, February 9, 2009

Work Takes Over

Again.

Seriously, 'tis the season for daycare teachers to get sick (or really busy.) So while my hours have been cut, I'm one of the first people they call to pick up hours.

Speaking of work, I have a work-related project to share. Daycare has it's own little portable on the grounds of an elementary school and up until this school year, all the kids have been in it. This school year, the oldest kids (3-6 graders: my group) were moved over to a room in the elementary school. Everyone over at the school has been nothing but nice to us, so I thought I'd make a little treat to show my appreciation.

Beate had a tutorial a while ago about how to make boxes to hold the Ghiradelli squares. These boxes are adorable - and easy to make.

Stamps: PTI - Heart Prints. Paper: dp, Select White, PTI kraft. Ink: Raspberry Fizz. Accessories: tacky tape, corner punch, dimensionals, sponge.

I like to cook. I don't seem to do it very often, but I like to cook. I just got a recipe for white chicken chili and it calls for ground cumin - I have whole cumin seeds in the house. Well, I could fork out the $5 for a bottle of ground cumin (which is silly because I have the whole seeds) or I could get something to grind them up. So I picked up an inexpensive coffee grinder when I was at the store yesterday.

Problem? My new coffee grinder is identical to the one in the house used for coffee. I don't think the coffee drinkers will appreciate cumin-flavored coffee - and I really don't want coffee-flavored spices. I added some SU rub-ons to the body of my coffee grinder to make it stand out.

Accessories: SU rub-ons.

Papertrey Ink's 2nd anniversary is coming up this weekend - and they're having this huge bash to celebrate. Nichole's blog has been filled with contests to win some of the new products they're carrying. Friday's challenge was to create a card using the colors Ocean Tides, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy and Ripe Avocado.

I created a gatefold card out of Ocean Tides cardstock and stamped butterflies on it (not that you can really tell, they seem to have disappeared.) The white panel was cut with a Classic Rectangle Nestability die and punched with SU's spiral punch. All the stamps come from PTI's With Sympathy set.
Stamps: PTI - With Sympathy. Paper: Ocean Tides, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Select White. Ink: Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise. Accessories: ribbon, tacky tape, rhinestones, glue pen, spiral punch, rectangle nestabilities.

I've had a hard time concentrating on most stuff over the weekend. I found out on Friday that my grandmother had another stroke and was taken to the hospital. She's already had 2 relatively minor ones (at least), so everyone in the family's pretty worried. Mom flew out there and it seems like Grandma's going to be okay.

Wishing everyone a good week,

No comments: