Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fun with Embossing Powder Day

Well, that's what it turned out to be today.

A coworker and I are going to a scrapbooking event next Saturday and she asked me to decorate some chipboard letters for the front of her engagement album. No prob, she gave me the letters yesterday and asked if they could be purple, teal and silver. The purple and teal letters were inked with Brilliance Moonlight White before being sponged with Taken with Teal and Elegant Eggplant inks. They were then embossed with a combination of UTEE and glitter. The silver letters were done with 2 layers of embossing powder.

Ink: Versamark, Taken with Teal, Elegant Eggplant, Brilliance Moonlight White. Accessories: Raw Goods chipboard, embossing powders.

I miss having time/energy to just go down to my Dungeon and just play, so while I was there, I felt the need to experiment. A teacher at the school left a box of manilla shipping tags out for anyone to take if they wanted. Hmm... 10 tags for $2 at Rubbernecker or however many I want for free???

My first tag card is using PTI's With Sympathy. The sentiment and swirly vine were inked in Versamark ink and embossed clear. I then sponged PTI Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, and Dark Chocolate over the tag to make the embossing stand out. The hole in the tag is filled in with an antique copper snap and I added some smaller snaps down the edge to coordinate.

Stamps: PTI - With Sympathy. Paper: PTI - Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, manilla tag. Ink: Versamark, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate. Accessories: clear ep, snaps, dimensionals, cropadile.

Now for my other card. Same color scheme (I like the way the yellows cover the tag), but I went a little wacky.

I stamped a rose stamp I got from Rubbernecker in Versamark, embossed it in clear, and sponged the tag with PTI Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise and Dark Chocolate inks. I decided I didn't like the way it was looking, so I grabbed my SU markers and colored in the leaves and stem with Old Olive and the petals of the rose with More Mustard.

I STILL didn't like it - too much color, too defined, I don't know, I just didn't like it. So I grabbed my spray bottle of water and spritzed the tag down. After 2 sprays, I was finally happy and I took my embossing tool to it to dry it.

I still can't use that hand-held sewing machine to sew a straight line - and to think I wanted a sewing machine for Christmas. The button is threaded with a very thin piece of Lemon Tart cardstock.

Stamps: Rubbernecker - rose. Paper: manilla tag, PTI Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise. Ink: Versamark, Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, SU - Old Olive & More Mustard. Accessories: hand-held sewing machine, dimensionals, spray bottle, clear ep, button.

I think it's time to organize the Dungeon. I have too much stuff and it's all over the place. Time for an overhaul. This definitely needs to be photographed as well - befores, middle of the mess, and afters.

Wishing everyone a warm weekend (because I'm not having one),

No comments: