Thursday, April 2, 2009

Foiled Again

So today's WT challenge was all about using foil on your cards: foiled paper, kitchen foil, etc.

I happened to find some Karen Foster metal sheets at my LSS on clearance a few years ago and thought it was a perfect choice. They're self-adhesive, so it makes it even better.

So I made my card.
Stamps: PTI - Out on a Limb, Out on a Limb Sentiments. Paper: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Select White, Karen Foster metal sheet. Ink: PTI - Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate; SU - Brilliant Blue. Accessories: dimensionals, classic rectangle Nestabilities, buttons.

And my card is driving me nuts.

**warning: rant about the flaws and a pity party to commence**

Nothing on my card is straight, the buttons are an "embellishment opportunity" (aka - I botched something and needed a way to hide it) and I had a fight with my Cuttlebug over embossing my cut out layers.

*sigh*

It's a nice card, but it's days like this that make me question my desire to join a design team. I don't feel like I'm consistent in my quality.

I'm just having one of those days - and it stinks.

Hoping your creative day is better than mine,

1 comment:

KOstvig said...

nonsense, I think it is very creative of you to find such awonderful way to camaflage(sp)
Its a very cute card...