Sunday, March 29, 2009

Card Catch-up

I figured it was time to show off the 2 cards I've made this week.

The first card is actually from Tuesday. It's for the SCS Color Challenge of Kiwi Kiss (I used Old Olive), Baja Breeze (I used Sage Shadow) and Pretty in Pink.

Since I am horrible about birthdays, I figured I needed at least 1 belated birthday card in my stash.

Image is stamped in Palette Noir and colored in with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil. Her jammies are paper pieced with Pretty in Pink dp. The sentiment is stamped in Sage Shadow ink and punched out with a 1 1/4" circle punch.

The background is a piece of Old Olive cardstock that I laid a Tim Holtz mask over and sponged with Old Olive ink. I think it looks pretty cool.
Stamps: MFT - Here's the Scoop. Paper: Sage Shadow, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, PTI Select White. Ink: Palette Noir, Old Olive, Sage Shadow. Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, baby oil, stickles, ribbon, Tim Holtz mask, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals, button.

And then there's today's card. FS112.

Here's the card I CASEd: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1188266

Changes:
I added a card base (I didn't want the Copic bleed-through showing)
Colors
Ribbon placement
No sentiment
Used a scalloped oval nestability as a mask

*Useful information if you choose to do something like this masked image*
My mask is the "negative" image from the nestability (the frame you get after you punch out the oval.) It was also notebook paper so I didn't get gaps in my stamped image. Copics bleed through this VERY quickly, so keep your marker light when you're working around the edges. Make sure you're able to remove your mask when you're done (personal experience on this one.)

I think I might be getting better with my Copics. Which is good.
Stamps: MFT - Can Ya Dig It? Paper: PTI - Spring Moss, Select White. Ink: Palette Noir, Ripe Avocado. Accessories: Copics, nestability, ribbon, dimensionals, white Prismacolor pencil.

Here's to a week that hopefully brings spring,

No comments: