Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Goals finally accomplished

Of course it's a day late - when do I ever seem to do things for this blog on time? For this, I truly apologize to whomever reads this blog.

I made my CC (color challenge) card last night... and forgot my camera upstairs. I get home after 6 every night and it's dark outside already. It's kinda depressing - especially when you want to take pictures of your work and the best lighting in the house is fluorescent. *sigh* That's going to turn into rant, so I'll stop while I'm ahead. I wasn't sure about the color combination - 3 neutrals: vanilla, sand and black? I need to stop doubting Emily - who chooses the color challenges.

I like how this card turned out. The card base is cut using the largest scalloped circle Nestie die I have. The black layer is cut out with another circle Nestie. My image is stamped in Palette Noir ink and colored with 2 Prismacolor pencils and baby oil. I then added some shimmer to the snow with some Oyster Twinkling H2Os and sparkle to the card with Black Diamond Stickles.

Stamps: MFT - Baby, It's Cold Outside. Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Basic Black. Ink: Palette Noir. Accessories: baby oil, Prismacolor pencils, Twinkling H2Os, Stickles, Nesties, ribbon, word window punch.

And, my 4 Christmas card designs for 2008.


On a great note: one of my coworkers who saw the set of cards I made my Secret Santa wants me to make her a set for her best friend. Yay for the fact I'm making money off my craft! (slowly anyway)

Wishing everyone a good night!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Love your color challenge snow card! What a perfect set for these colors!

Love your Christmas card designs...they're all beautiful, but I think that big snowflake is my favorite!