Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas is coming

And surprisingly, I actually have (some) time to stamp.

It's like a taking a deep breath. I finished the cards for my coworker (and have been paid), presents have been bought and wrapped, and thank you cards for work (they pay me for them) are up to date.

Oh, and yesterday's snow day wasn't bad at all. Yes, the roads were blech, I almost got run over by a snowplow, I watched a mail truck slide every which way, and we were afraid we were going to get stuck at daycare with all the snow, but it was a calm day kid-wise.

I also have my boss' Christmas present done. Since I have a TON of cards just sitting up here next to my computer - I bring them up from the Dungeon, take a picture and leave them here - I was encouraged to gift some of them away. So my boss is getting some of them - and a cute little gift set of a post-it note holder, beaded pen and a coaster calendar. All of which are really easy and quick to do (my trouble? Finding the time.)

Stamps: PTI - Butterfly Kisses. Paper: white, Elegant Eggplant, Cosmo Cricket dp (jumping joan, I believe.) Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Versamark. Accessories: acrylic 4x6 photo frame, post-it notes, UTEE, 4x4 coaster, staple, magnetic tape, RSVP pen, microbeads, tacky tape, Martha Stewart glitter.

The IC (inspiration challenge) was posted early last night. It's the Saturday challenge on SCS. This week's challenge is all about the work of Alexander Girard - and the company maXimo that markets it now. Here's the thread on SCS.

Inspiration is a funny thing. Things that inspire one person don't inspire another. I generally don't do the IC on SCS (wow, lots of acronyms) because I just look at it and think, "I'm supposed to make a card from this?"

This week was easy - a lot easier than others. I liked the attachment of the building blocks - the bright vibrant colors were refreshing. Especially since most of yesterday was consumed by white.

The snowflakes are stamped in Versamark on Very Vanilla cardstock, then embossed clear. I then sponged the color over them and added a rhinestone.

I stamped my sentiment on some SU twill tape in Chocolate Chip ink. My knot is tied off to the side to have the most stamping room.

**I never thought I'd ever say this, but I think my card would be better with kraft cardstock as the base. I don't own any, but I might have to get some from PTI the next time I order.

Stamps: PTI - Snowfall Additions. Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Only Orange, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla. Ink: Versamark, Pink Passion, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip. Accessories: clear ep, rhinestones, word window punch, twill tape.

Wishing everyone a very wonderful weekend,

No comments: