Monday, November 10, 2008

Work in progress

Which is obviously what I am.

But this is more on the lines of Christmas gifts. My work Christmas party is on December 1st; which means my heinie (which isn't little) needs to get in gear if I'm planning on doing anything for my Secret Santa person. So yesterday (Sunday) I sat down in my very messy dungeon and made part of my Secret Santa gift: a set of monogrammed cards with a holder for them.

This holder originally started out as the holder from the Au Chocolat tote and cards OSW on SCS - found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243314&highlight=Au+Chocolat+tote I changed some things. There are supposed to be 2 handles - one on each long side - and I switched it to a piece of ribbon. The flourish is Tim Holtz Grungeboard inked in Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters and the initial (which happens to be the initial of my Secret Santa person) is Basic Grey BonBon chipboard covered in Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Peeled Paint.

Stamps: None. Paper: PTI - Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Pink Patterns dp. Ink: Berry Sorbet, Distress Ink - Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters. Accessories: Tacky Tape, ribbon, brads, dimensionals, Grungeboard, Basic Grey chipboard, Distressed paint - Peeled Paint, mono multi glue.

The cards that go into the box are monogrammed with the help of Papertrey Ink. Borners and Corners Monogram Edition and Ambassador Monogram sets were a big help.

Stamps: PTI - Borners and Corners Monogram Edition, Ambassador Monogram. Paper: Select White, Sweet Blush. Ink: Palette Noir, Sweet Blush. Accessories: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, ribbon, dimensionals.

Wishing for a better day tomorrow,

No comments: