Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Christmas Gifts

I'm involved in a Secret Santa gift exchange at my work. I've been busy working on the gifties for my person.

I hope she REALLY likes pink. She wrote on her sheet that she likes the color, so I kinda ran with it.

You can scroll down or click here http://sarasstampingsanctuary.blogspot.com/2008/11/work-in-progress.html to see the cards and card holder I already posted.

Now, for the rest of the gifts.

I asked her specifically what candy she liked - she responded anything with peanut butter and chocolate. This didn't really help with what I was planning, but it gave me another idea.

I think it was Becky who's on the Papertrey design tem that first came up with using the thin plastic boxes the $15 Papertrey sets come in as a holder for the little Reese's peanut butter cups. (Trying to give credit where credit is due) It works beautifully - and you get 25 little cups in it.

So... here's the unfilled box - all decorated.

Stamps: PTI - Holiday Treats. Paper: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Polka Dot dp. Ink: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush. Accessories: Crystal Stickles, ribbon, classic oval Nestabilites, dimensionals, Tacky Tape.

Now for the project that required knowledge of her favorite candy.

I was in a candy store and displayed on a shelf was a candy tree. Made with the "fun size" candy bars, it was so cute. I decided that I had to try and make one myself for my Secret Santa person.

I tried. Which is the main thing. I've changed it slightly since I took the picture: I moved some of the bottom Snickers to fill in the top and I stuck a peppermint lollipop in the top for the "star."

Items used: styrofoam cone, Snickers bars, satin pins, peppermint lollipop.

I found some adorable Christmas socks at Walmart that were pink (of course) and red with peppermints on them and I needed something to put them in. I've seen these Box in a Bags on blogs quite a bit lately and they're cute. So I wanted to make one.

Stamps: none. Paper: Georgia Pacific white, Cryogen white (shimmer), Heidi Grace snowflake dp, Regal Rose (already punched). Ink: Regal Rose (marker and sponged), Tattered Rose Distress Ink (sponged). Accessories: Tacky Tape, corner rounder punch, ribbon, white gel pen, snowflake brads, classic scalloped circle Nestabilities, Bellas Baubles, Diamond Glaze, glue dots.

The last thing is a little gift set I made. I got a magnetic coaster calendar from one of my VSN secret sisters and I love the thing. I found a downloadable template of a 2009 calendar on Splitcoast and went about making my own.

This set is the coaster calendar, microbeaded pen, and a mini journal (which was unfinished when I took the picture.)

Stamps: Damask by Flourishes. Paper: My Mind's Eye dp. Ink: Palette Noir. Accessories: Sugar Cookie Glimmer Mist, ribbon, printed calendar, staple, magnetic tape, chipboard coaster, RSVP pen, tacky tape, microbeads, Martha Stewart glitter.

I think that's all!

No comments: