Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday - An excuse to use...

My ruffled ribbon that I picked up at my LSS last week - or the week before. Or it might have been last month... I can't remember anymore. All I know is I got it at my LSS and it was in one of my ribbon jars.

The Ways to Use it Challenge is all about Ruffles - pleated paper, crimped paper, ruffled ribbon, etc. Since I don't have a sewing machine I can use for sewing on paper and I seem to regularly forget that I own a crimper, I went with the pretty yellow ruffled ribbon.

And because I bought the blue ribbon at the same time because I thought they looked fabulous together, they're together now. The colors for the card came from the ribbons - which are really close to Papertrey's Lemon Tart and SU's Brocade Blue.

I decided to use one of my new MFT stamp sets. I haven't gotten around to using Boho Blossoms yet, so I inked up the solid flower with Lemon Tart ink and stamped it on Whisper White. Since I'm pretty bad about lining outline images up within the solid images, I stamped the lines on vellum cardstock in Brocade Blue. I trimmed the flower out and attached it to the rest of the image with a brad.

The large layer of Lemon Tart cardstock is also stamped with the solid flower image. The large layer and the image layer are both up on dimensionals.
Stamps: MFT - Boho Blossoms. Paper: Lemon Tart, Brocade Blue, Whisper White, vellum. Ink: Brocade Blue, Lemon Tart. Accessories: ribbons, dimensionals, brad, ticket corner punch.

A cute story to share. The director of my daycare brings her 4 year-old daughter to work with her every day. K (the daughter) spends the mornings with kindergartners who go to school in the afternoon and takes a nap in the afternoons. On Tuesday she was back for her nap while I was planning summer stuff and she was fidgeting for a half hour or so. Fed up, I told her to roll over so I could rub her back. 30 seconds into rubbing her back, she's out cold. Her mom was amazed.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and weekend!

No comments: