Saturday, May 31, 2008

I stamped!

I'm a little later than I planned to be in posting pictures, but I did get some stamping done when I said I would.

It's getting crazy - the school year's ending and I have a list of things that need to be typed out so that my binder of summer plans is complete. Details of literacy activities, journal entries, craft projects, games, etc. It helps me from having to dig through a mountain of papers for instructions on things and will hopefully help anyone who's in the classroom not wander around cluelessly.

6 years as a substitute teacher causes me to GREATLY revere the detailed lesson plans.

Since I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off (or so it's seemed from my perspective), I missed some birthdays. So... I thought I'd use Melanie Muenchinger's Just So Hippy set to create some belated birthday cards.
Stamps: Just So Hippy - Melanie Muenchinger/Gina K. Paper: Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Whisper White, Pink collection dp. Ink: Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet. Accessories: prismacolor pencil, word window punch, spiral punch.

I bought an alphabet Cuttlebug set this last weekend and I was playing with it Thursday night when I was working on some scrapbook pages for a friend. Some of my dies are now curved because of the layout of the plate sandwich (the way CB says to lay them out). Solution is to reverse the order. Order from the bottom to the top: B plate, paper, die, 2nd B plate and put the A plate on top. The dies I put through in this layout are as straight as if they just came from the package.

Hoping for a cooler day tomorrow because I have to clear the jungle of weeds from the daylily bed,

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Hey Sara, stopping by to say "hi". These cards are extremely cute; I love the paper pieced animals. Good luck with summer prep; I totally agree with the greatness of detailed lesson plans (another substitute teacher here). I am going to accept today an offer for a second grade position starting in August (year round school); wish me luck; I'll be a first year classroom teacher. Thanks for sharing your cards; I love these PTI colors.