Thursday, May 1, 2008

Technically it's Thursday...

but I haven't gone to bed yet. So it's still Wednesday in my head. And Wednesday's at Splitcoast mean Sketch Challenges. My schedule has been crazy and I just haven't had the time to do any of the sketch challenges until tonight.

Generally sketch challenges are given in terms of A2 cards: 4.25"x5.5" Today's card was to be long - mine is 4"x9.5" And I just grabbed a business size envelope... it's too long. By about a 1/4" but it's still too long.

I can't seem to keep my hands off my new Papertrey stuff - ink, paper and stamps. My card is made with Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, and the pink pattern collection (I can't remember the name.)

We had to fold back part of the front of the card. I added scallops to the edge of mine with the corner rounder (removing the guard) and sponged on Berry Sorbet to accentuate it. I cut 3 strips of Berry Sorbet - 1/2", 3/4" and 1/8" - to attach to the front of my card. I stamped one of the flowers randomly and then adhered the strips on top. I paper pierced the top and bottom of each strip.

The oval was a necessity on the card - the rules of the challenge said keep the oval. I used my Coluzzle to cut my ovals - I ordered Nesties on Monday, but they haven't shipped yet. The image panel is stamped in Sweet Blush and sponged lightly with Berry Sorbet. A rhinestone brad is the center of my flower.
Stamps: Papertrey - Garden of Life. Paper: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, white, pink pattern by Papertrey. Ink: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush. Accessories: mat pack, corner rounder, Coluzzle, brad, tacky tape, sponge.

Hope your Thursday is great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, Sara. I, too, can't seem to leave the PaperTrey products alone. Pretty colored paper, great stamps, and I love their ribbon. I like how the solid strips are in front of the flowers. Thanks for sharing.