Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's a Quilted World

I am totally in love with Papertrey Ink's Quilter's Sampler stamp set. I think it's great that the stampers who can't sew a straight line to save their souls *raises hand because this is SO me* can create little quilts. This set has been at the top of my PTI cd stack.

This first card I made because I heard that a friend on SCS's husband died. I made this card to send to her.

Stamps: PTI - Quilter's Sampler, Quilter's Samper Sentiments. Paper: Basic Gray, PTI Select White and Aqua Mist. Ink: Charcoal Palette, Aqua Mist. Accessories: brads, ribbon, Nestabilities, paintbrush, dimensionals.

One of the things I'm a little frustrated about when dealing with the Palette inkpads is that you can't squeeze them to get some ink to color. I'm always afraid of cracking the lid, but I tried something new and it worked. You take a dry, small, stiff-bristled paintbrush (my paintbrush has 1/4" bristles) and brush some color directly from the inkpad and then color in the quilted squares.

After I figured out that dry paintbrush works to color in the quilt blocks, I sat down with my stamp set, all my colors of PTI ink (which is Palette formula), and paintbrush in front of the tv and colored in a bunch of quilt blocks.

One of the last sets of quilt blocks I colored in were these. I really liked the combo of Aqua Mist with Berry Sorbet.

Stamps: Quilter's Sampler, Quilter's Sampler Sentiments. Paper: Basic Gray, PTI - Select White, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Everyday Blessings dp. Ink: Berry Sorbet, Charcoal Palette, Aqua Mist. Accessories: ribbon, dimensionals, Sakura sparkle gel pen.

The ribbons on my cards are tied with a technique for stay put knots. I found a link on SCS to a tutorial and watched it. It's so easy to do - and saves a lot of hassle from regular tying.

Wishing you great creativity,

No comments: