Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday update

Today's challenge is the Featured Stamper. Today's FS person was YLM - Cindy. Her gallery was awesome, but I loved this card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/488523
This was a fun card to copy. I dug through my rack of designer paper to find a paper that had polka dots on it. I love polka dots. I'm also a matchy-matchy person - I try to get as close as I can to the colors of the paper. I also decided that I wanted to change the layout - I wanted to flip it onto its side.

I liked the ovals, so I pulled out my Nesties and went to work. I cut out the layers, then stamped the olive cup and the foam. I then went over the outline of the foam with Liquid Applique so it would look like foam.

I also wanted to decorate the card with more than just ribbon, so I pulled out a hat pin and added some beads to the top and pushed it though the ribbon knots.

I really like how this turned out.
Stamps: Like it a Latte. Paper: 3 Bugs in a Rug dp, Bordering Blue, Old Olive, Blue Bayou, Whisper White. Ink: Bordering Blue, Old Olive. Accessories: Oval Nesties, Liquid Applique, hat pin, beads, ribbon, ticket corner punch, snaps, dimensionals.

I don't think I mentioned this, but I'm a hostess for the August VSN on Splitcoast. I'm a hostess of another mini challenge - one of the mini challenges that are on June 20th. I'm excited and I'm pretty organized about what I need to do for this even with all the stuff that's going on at work. If you can, please play!!! I'd love to see what you can come up with!

Summer session at daycare starts on Friday. I'm nervous, but I'm really excited at the same time. I hope the kids like the things we've planned.

Hoping for better weather than we've had this weekend (it's been hot, humid and sudden thunderstorms for the last 3 days),

2 comments:

Stampinsilvia said...

what a super cute card! I especially love how you have the pin going through both ribbins...FAB job...nice to see you blogging again too!

jjcreations said...

ahhhh, very cool. I love it. Joan